LEAD WATER TECHNICIAN
The purpose of this job description is to establish and define the authority, reporting, roles and responsibilities of the Lead Water Technician, herein referred to as the “Lead Tech”.
The Lead Tech reports to the Director of Emergency Services, Water Mitigation Project Manager or Reconstruction Superintendents on a daily basis. The Operations Manager is overall responsible for all operations/production employees. The Lead Tech is responsible for actions taken on a jobsite in the absence of the aforementioned employees. The Lead Tech may assign tasks to other technicians or temp laborers on projects.
To perform this job successfully, the Lead Tech should have basic working knowledge of water mitigation and at least 1 year of experience performing water mitigation services. Duties are not limited to, but include:
- Basic Moisture Mapping
- Fill out all required paperwork
- Have customer sign Authorization form
- Read and understand basic psychrometric/trade related instruments
- Extract Water
- Perform Demolition Services
- Lead and direct other techs/temp labor employees on jobs
- Possess an IICRC WRT certification
- Be able to drive HLR Box truck/tow trailer
- Understand how to properly set basic mitigation equipment
- Repeatedly lift over 50 lbs., occasionally lift 100lbs
- Stand/walk for long periods
- Work with tools
- Monitor Jobs daily drying progress on small and mid-sized jobs
- Able to perform basic maintenance on mitigation equipment
- Be available for on-call and after-hours service calls
- Perform duties on Reconstruction side when there are no mitigation projects
- Maintain and enforce safety policies on all jobs
- Effectively communicate internally and externally
- Meet subcontractors and show them the work areas
- Answer phone for on-call schedule
- Be “eyes and ears” of the company on a jobsite
The Lead Water Tech is responsible for achieving company standards on each and every job. Lead water tech must maintain and accept responsibility for their own tools, company tools and company equipment while on the job. They must also follow, adhere to and enforce all company safety policies, keep vehicles/trailers in good condition, track any of their own job expenses on company American Express, study know and understand specification for the projects assigned to and perform mitigation services as outlined within the IICRC S-500. The Lead Water Tech will work on the field with their tools during normal hours and after hours.
Lead Water Tech will report daily to the Director of Emergency Services or Mitigation Project Manager when working on mitigation projects. When there are limited or no mitigation projects available, this position will report to Reconstruction Superintendents and provide reconstruction services.
Above all, this position is responsible for representing HLR in a positive light and achieving 100% customer satisfaction on projects assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION TECHNICIAN
Water Damage Restoration Technician is an entry level position. This position is responsible for the fast response to emergency water damage claims and other restoration-related activities within the geographical territory. The work environment is fast-paced, highly competitive and requires travel in a company owned vehicle within the territory.
You must be able to pass a background check; a driver license check and a drug screening test.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initial job-site inspections
- Secure jobs with proper paperwork
- Perform structural drying per the IICRC standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work in an environment that has suffered fire or water damage
- Have proficient writing skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Work normal business hours plus on-call hours and weekends as needed
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks and assignments
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND LICENSES:
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt