The Office Administrator will be the first contact for customers calling the emergency line during business hours along with becoming the customers’ point of contact. This position will assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. This role will also serve as the General Office Admin.
- Answer incoming phone calls for the company.
- Retrieve, open and date stamp incoming mail and distribute.
- Prepare, meter, and take out-going mail to locked mailbox outside building.
- Receive guests of company.
- First HLR contact for customers calling the emergency line during business hours.
- Become customers’ initial point of contact and obtain information needed by Accounting, such as claim number, mortgage information, billing requirements, etc.
- Relay customer questions and concerns to appropriate HLR staff.
- Correspond with insurance adjusters if needed.
- Set up pending jobs in RM including all required information.
- Provide backup support for transferring pending jobs to production in RM and set up in Sage.
- Track age of property per lead-based paint requirements.
- Take notes during the meeting and add into the RM job notes.
- Maintain active job list.
- Provide backup support for maintaining information in program websites (i.e. Nexxus, Alacrity, etc.), uploading documentation, checking project status as needed.
- Maintain racks of forms needed by mitigation technicians for mitigation jobs.
- Prepare and maintain field handbooks or any other type of information binders as needed.
- Fill out vendor credit applications.
- Request and maintain subcontractor W-9s and Certificates of Insurance, notifying them of expiration dates.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements.
- Prepare new folders at year-end for vendors and payables for the upcoming year.
- Assist with 1099 filings, gathering required information from vendors.
- Assist with other accounts payable duties as needed.
- Create job files for Accounts Receivable.
- Receive and prepare incoming checks for deposit.
- Take credit card information from customers for payment.
- Assist with collections as needed.
- Assist with other accounts receivable duties as needed.
- Maintain calendar of HLR staff tracking who is in and out of the office.
- Fill out the required paperwork for renewals of city business licenses.
- Provide support for other departments as needed.
- Keep lobby, kitchen and other common areas neat.
- Maintain company office supplies, kitchen supplies, restroom supplies, and order as needed, shopping for best pricing.
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organization Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required
- Two years of related experience preferred
- Construction industry experience a plus
Reports to Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Helps Superintendent coordinate, manage and direct the day-to-day activities of assigned construction project. Helps ensure the construction project is being completed in a cost effective, safe and timely manner while adhering to established quality standards. Oversees field crew, and coordinates and supervise work of subcontractors and vendors. Co-responsible for daily inspections and safe and quality workmanship of crew and subcontractors at the job site. Helps maintains records of daily construction operations, including daily logs, delivery/receiving and timesheets. Communicates in a positive and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the oversight of the Superintendent, works to meet construction project objectives and deadlines.
- Assist in the overseeing of vendors and subcontractors in all trades and applicable scopes; ensure all quality and safety standards are adhered to.
- Help to monitor, examine and inspect all work activities and equipment on job site to ensure safety, quality and productivity of both company employees and contractors.
- Help ensure conformance to project plans and specifications.
- Communicate employee to superintendent and vendor/contractor quality, safety and/or performance issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist with resolving issues with suppliers, contractors, and inspectors
- Help to maintain daily job site logs as well as records of safety orientations and toolbox talks/trainings.
- Represent HarenLaughlin Restoration to others on the job site in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks and assignments.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand and apply federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations related to construction and safe work practices.
- Completion of OSHA 10 course work.
- Must have adequate math skills to add and subtract measurements of 1/16” and greater