Stressed? Bored? Need a pick-me-up? Brighten your day with a Visit with Vande!
Vande is a German Shepherd born in 2015. She was found by Missouri German Shepherd Rescue alone and wandering the streets as a puppy, starved and showing signs of abuse with deep scars around her muzzle.
Despite her rough beginning, she loves nothing more than to visit with people and give them lots of attention and kisses. Always with a big smile on her face, she will be sure to boost even your roughest day!
What is a Therapy Dog?
- Therapy Dogs are pets who generally work with their owners on a volunteer basis
- They visit hospitals, nursing homes, schools, and libraries to engage & spend time with people
- People are encouraged to pet Therapy Dogs, they enjoy it!
Benefits of a Therapy Dog:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves Cardiovascular health
- The act of petting produces an automatic relaxation response
- Lifts spirits & lessens depression
- Encourages communication
- Increases socialization
- Decreases anxiety
- Reduces loneliness
We plan to visit Senior Living and Senior Care facilities in the area, so if you would like to schedule a Visit with Vande, contact:
Samantha Ramirez: (913) 209-0957, firstname.lastname@example.org